Question: Pain in testicles

fdsman - Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:41 pm

I am a 15 year old male who for the past week has been experiencing mild pain and discomfort in both testicles. I can't keep track but it seems it alternates between each testicle, sometimes it is in both. This only occurs when I am sitting, or lying down, if I walk around for long/short periods of time, I feel no pain. There are times where I am sitting or lying down where there is no pain as well. I gave my self a self examination and I found what I believe to be hydroceles around both testicles, the right one appears to be a little larger. The scrotum does not feel swollen at all nor do the testicles. I have no other problems as of yet, no blood in semen or any feel-able bumps in the scrotum area. Both testicles seem to be both the same size. I read on another medical forum that this is normal in teenage boys, however I want a second opinion to be on the safe side.

I am a virgin, and I am not on any medication, nor have I had any operations.

If any other information is needed, please post.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:56 am

User avatar Hi fdsman,
There may be many causes of testicular pain which regardless of the cause needs evaluated by a physician to assure no anomalies are present. Some of the causes may include injury, infection, accumilation of testicular fluid (hydrocele) as you mention, varicocele (enlargement of veins) often described as a feeling of a "bag of worms", etc. Again, regardless of the causative factor I would encourage you to have a physical evaluation by your physician. Best wishes.