Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain in testicles

fdsman - Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Hello,

I am a 15 year old male who for the past week has been experiencing mild pain and discomfort in both testicles. I can't keep track but it seems it alternates between each testicle, sometimes it is in both. This only occurs when I am sitting, or lying down, if I walk around for long/short periods of time, I feel no pain. There are times where I am sitting or lying down where there is no pain as well. I gave my self a self examination and I found what I believe to be hydroceles around both testicles, the right one appears to be a little larger. The scrotum does not feel swollen at all nor do the testicles. I have no other problems as of yet, no blood in semen or any feel-able bumps in the scrotum area. Both testicles seem to be both the same size. I read on another medical forum that this is normal in teenage boys, however I want a second opinion to be on the safe side.

I am a virgin, and I am not on any medication, nor have I had any operations.

If any other information is needed, please post.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:56 am

User avatar Hi fdsman,
There may be many causes of testicular pain which regardless of the cause needs evaluated by a physician to assure no anomalies are present. Some of the causes may include injury, infection, accumilation of testicular fluid (hydrocele) as you mention, varicocele (enlargement of veins) often described as a feeling of a "bag of worms", etc. Again, regardless of the causative factor I would encourage you to have a physical evaluation by your physician. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us