Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Recent lack of sexual desire

emtee - Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:01 am

I'm 20 years old, I have been with my girlfriend for 6 months now and we've always had really tremendous sex, no problems, always amazing. However recently, meaning the past 2 attempts, I just haven't felt quite.. up to it? I would get an erection but soon after getting started, I would feel drained, like maybe I didn't have it in me after all, and my erection would subside.
There must be some psychological problem that I am having, but I can't put my finger on it. I know without a doubt that I love this girl completely, and she absolutely turns me on; I don't think I am burnt out on sex, is that possible? We have sex once a night about 3 nights a week. I'm not really stressed out, I'm actually at a pretty good place right now in my life... I don't smoke and rarely drink... I'm stumped. =(
This is my first sexual relationship, but I have experienced times in the past where I don't have any sex drive for a couple weeks, meaning I would go that whole time without masturbating or really even thinking about sex. This is very rare though, and it seemed to only happen when I was under heavy "girl" pressure, like early stages of relationships, or when a girl plays with my emotions and leads me on (evil thing to do, by the way).
I don't know, maybe I'm crazy!
 Tim W Latsko - Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:26 pm

e~
It sounds like you have good understanding of your situation and a few of the potential causes of your inabiity to achieve and maintain an erection which includes your degree oof interest in sex. Given that, be patient for the historical two-weeks abstinence period and your interest may peak again. This however," may or may not fix" decreased libido. Have you started any new medication? Nonetheless, a referral to a professional may provide insight. Good Luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us