Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Recent lack of sexual desire

emtee - Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:01 am

I'm 20 years old, I have been with my girlfriend for 6 months now and we've always had really tremendous sex, no problems, always amazing. However recently, meaning the past 2 attempts, I just haven't felt quite.. up to it? I would get an erection but soon after getting started, I would feel drained, like maybe I didn't have it in me after all, and my erection would subside.
There must be some psychological problem that I am having, but I can't put my finger on it. I know without a doubt that I love this girl completely, and she absolutely turns me on; I don't think I am burnt out on sex, is that possible? We have sex once a night about 3 nights a week. I'm not really stressed out, I'm actually at a pretty good place right now in my life... I don't smoke and rarely drink... I'm stumped. =(
This is my first sexual relationship, but I have experienced times in the past where I don't have any sex drive for a couple weeks, meaning I would go that whole time without masturbating or really even thinking about sex. This is very rare though, and it seemed to only happen when I was under heavy "girl" pressure, like early stages of relationships, or when a girl plays with my emotions and leads me on (evil thing to do, by the way).
I don't know, maybe I'm crazy!
 Tim W Latsko - Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:26 pm

e~
It sounds like you have good understanding of your situation and a few of the potential causes of your inabiity to achieve and maintain an erection which includes your degree oof interest in sex. Given that, be patient for the historical two-weeks abstinence period and your interest may peak again. This however," may or may not fix" decreased libido. Have you started any new medication? Nonetheless, a referral to a professional may provide insight. Good Luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us