Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: help for phymosis

oz - Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:37 am

i went to a private doctor's office and they told me i have phymosis ring and i need surgery,but it's a bit pricy...
i read on the internet that there are various ways(meaning 3 ) to cure phymosis....and the easyest was by using betamethasone....which is a cream....i am 18 years old and i want to know if those creams are any good and if yes....from where i can purchase them.... :roll:
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:55 am

User avatar Hi!

I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with phimosis. Did you discuss with your doctor regarding betamethasone? Is it not available in your local pharmacy/drug store?

bill
 oz - Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:15 am

i didn't really discuss it with anybody....the doctor i went to wanted to operate me .........and about the betamethasone i read on the internet and i was wondering if it works.....i haven't checked the drug stores yet i want to know first if it is ok.... and if i'll buy it ...do i need a prescription ?
thanks for the help

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us