Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Lump behind foreskin Only when erect?

Quarrel - Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:34 pm

I have had a good search through your site and can't find anything relating to a problem relevant to my situation,
So maybe you can help ease my mind before I bite the bullet and go down the doctors with it.

I have a lump which appears beneath the foreskin of my penis and it seems to be situated over an artery, when my penis is in its Flaccid state this lump isn't noticeable, I can't even feel anything present when I venture the area of its origin, when I become erect this lump is clearly visible and causes minor discomfort, it has not increased in size over the time I have been aware of it. I am concerned that this is a weak spot like you would find on a worn ballon and any aggressive sexual activity will weaken it further.

I am especially embarrassed about going to the doctors for this due to the reason that it is only visible when I am erect.

Please put my mind at rest here and tell me you have an idea what his may be.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 am

User avatar Hello,What you mention may be a mild thrombophlebitis of the vein on top of the penis.This can show up as a thick,longish swelling more felt on erection.Known as mondors disease,it is not a serious problem,and may be related to friction.It would not be a bad idea to get an ultrasound just to be sure.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us