Question: Lump behind foreskin Only when erect?

Quarrel - Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:34 pm

I have had a good search through your site and can't find anything relating to a problem relevant to my situation,
So maybe you can help ease my mind before I bite the bullet and go down the doctors with it.

I have a lump which appears beneath the foreskin of my penis and it seems to be situated over an artery, when my penis is in its Flaccid state this lump isn't noticeable, I can't even feel anything present when I venture the area of its origin, when I become erect this lump is clearly visible and causes minor discomfort, it has not increased in size over the time I have been aware of it. I am concerned that this is a weak spot like you would find on a worn ballon and any aggressive sexual activity will weaken it further.

I am especially embarrassed about going to the doctors for this due to the reason that it is only visible when I am erect.

Please put my mind at rest here and tell me you have an idea what his may be.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 am

User avatar Hello,What you mention may be a mild thrombophlebitis of the vein on top of the penis.This can show up as a thick,longish swelling more felt on erection.Known as mondors disease,it is not a serious problem,and may be related to friction.It would not be a bad idea to get an ultrasound just to be sure.Best wishes.