Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: no feelin in sex

becky01 - Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:34 am

i have no feeling when im having sex. oral sex is fine its just intercourse.
im to scared/embarrassed to go to the doctors, so i'v had this problem for a long time now.
im 19 & i have been with my partner for 3 1/2yrs & his very understanding, its been so long now we sort ignore the problems there.
i don't understand why this would happen, nothing has ever happened to me that could cause it.
i'v had alook on the internet about FSD but theres nothing on having no feelin.
i'v never really heard about FSD, i feel like the only person with this prob. i just want to be normal & enjoy it like everyone else.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:24 pm

First of all, let me reassure you that you are not alone in this. It is one of the most common disorders among women. Part of it may be a learning curve and time will help you to learn what works for you. Patience by your partner can also help. Often young men have premature ejaculation, making it very difficult for a woman to sustain stimulation long enough to feel the way she would like to feel during sex. This also tends to improve in time but can sometimes be helped with therapy. It would be good to have an exam by a doctor to rule out any source of potential problem. Your doctor can be a great resource in this - believe me they deal with it regularly. Unfortunately they have not yet found a female "viagra" so we don't have a magic pill.

All people are different in their responses and anatomically some women find that they don't get the clitoral stimulation through intercourse. They sometimes find they can enjoy other types of sex. You probably could benefit from seeing a therapist, perhaps female, who specializes in these things. Books can also be helpful in learning more about yourself.

I'm sure there are millions of other women who wish you were right and that they (everyone else) were enjoying it like you think they are. The truth is that it can be very difficult for some women to become aroused, to feel sensations and/or orgasm. See your doctor and get his/her referral for additional help in your local area.