Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: i got a cut on my penis skin.

 deltashade - Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:22 pm


i got a cut on my penis. what happen was wen i was in shower. i puled the skin back towards my body. and the water was hot so i pulled it hard. and the skin layer thing that limits the pull of my skin got a cut. idk whats it called. but its beneath the skin. like from the opening on ur pointy thing on ur penis to the skin. wen u pull it. it will hurt a little. so ye... please help me.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:03 pm

User avatar Hello,
You don't say if you are circumcised so I will assume this is a foreskin you are pulling back. This should heal without problems just like other skin abrasions. Use caution to avoid further trauma to the penis but I think it will get better.

Best wishes.
 Jackome - Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:53 am

I don't if I actually ''cut'' but I have a cut like injury on my turtle-neck (I havent been circumsized) and on the king or head or whatever I have a wierd small red rash.
however even if I penis is clean and all there allways some wierd whit something around the head and on the turle-neck btw I've had these cuts for some time atleast a year I just to ashamed and afraid to ask a doctor or anyone about this.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:50 pm

User avatar Hello,Fungus or yeast infections are quite common here.Moniliasis is the condition and can affect anyone but more common on the uncircumsized.
You have to clean the area with mild soap and water.Antifungal cremes like canesten are helpful but best prescribed by your doctor.Do not feel shy and do get treated.It is just as simple as that.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us