Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: "Curved Jelq" Treatment for a Bent Penis

BrandonC - Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Doctor,

I am 17 years old and my penis has a bend to the left, which is most apparent when erect. I did some research about this topic online. Compared to pictures I've seen, my penis is not the most severe case, but the curve is definitely noticable and very dissatisfying. There is never any pain in my penis but I still don't know the cause. I do not know how long it has been like this, since I only recently started noticing it. I hypothesize that maybe masturbating to the left side could have cause this. Is that possible? I do not think I was born with a curved penis but environmental stimuli is to blame.

My real question is how to fix it. I discovered a technique online called the "curved jelq". It is an exercise where the erect penis is bent back into place(straight) through repetitions. Does this method work?

Thanks,
Brandon
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:49 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is possible it could have been affected by the masturbation - at least some theorize that association. Obviously though it does not affect everyone who masturbates so that would cause one to question this concept out of hand. Other possible causes are normal variation and Peyronie's disease where scar tissue forms to prevent the normal even expansion. In those cases the procedure may be helpful but I can't actually verify that beyond what you have probably learned on the internet as well. You probably have nothing to lose but keep in mind, this deviation is not necessarily a liability. Every body is different and imperfect. Hopefully you don't expect physical perfection in your partner nor would she expect it of you.

If it is not causing discomfort you may learn to accept this as just part of the individual you are. It is much more common than you probably realize.

Good luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us