Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Painful glans.

Chsyrat - Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:36 pm

From what I think is due to a lack of stimulation, I find myself unable to pull my foreskin back comfortably, and my glans is extremely uncomfortable to touch. I fear that this might interfere with my future sex life. Could this be phimosis? What is the cheapest way to fix this? What sort of anesthetics are available during circumcision, and since my glans is already very sensitive, will that painful sensation die down with the weeks after circumcision?

Thank you very much for your consideration.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:54 pm

User avatar Hello -

From your description this does sounds like it is probably phimosis, which could, in fact, interfere with your sex life in the future. I don't know what the cheapest way to fix it is, but I do know the only reliable way would be circumcision, which is pretty simple and probably not too costly. The anesthetics used vary from a sprayed-on local to light sedation (which would be my preference, as there is no risk of possible loss of sensitivity, although that risk is very small).

The sensitivity you experience now will probably translate into a healthy sensitivity without the discomfort, once the situation is corrected. Any post-surgical soreness should dissipate within a week or so.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us