Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Left testicle has "spagetti" looking tubes

dbm - Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm

I am 15 years old, and couple of years ago, I found out that on top of my left testicle, there are a lot of twisted tubes that I would describe as "spagetti". My right testicle is a lot larger then my left. I'm not sure what it is. Just this morning I felt a slight discomfort in my left testicle and it hurts a little when I touch it. I am very worried, PLEASE let me know what's going on.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:49 pm

User avatar Hello,

According to your description, this could be a varicocele. Varicocele is a dilatation of the veins within the scrotum. 15-20% of the normal fertile males may have varicocele.

The causes of varicoceles are not known, but probably due to abnormal valves inside the veins that impair the normal blood flow.

Varicoceles are commonly seen on the left side than in the right due to different anatomic factors.

Important considerations regarding varicoceles in adolescents are:
- The varicocele is a progressive lesion
- Early repair of the varicocele prevents the development of infertility.

Surgery is the primary form of treatment for varicoceles. However, not all varicoceles need surgical correction.

Clinical picture and physical examination are essential to determine the proper management approach.

I would advise you to seek direct medical consultation for proper examination.
Please keep us updated.
Best regards.
 dbm - Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Thanks, what are the chances that i can become fertile if i don't treat it?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us