Forum Name: Fertility

Question: No period for over 3 years, how do i know when is best time

lmc - Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:33 am

I was on depot for just under 2 years, bled heavily for first few months then nothing. I have now been off the depot for nearly 2 years and still have no bleeding and my husband and i would like to have a baby but i don't know when the best time to concieve is. Please help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:35 pm

I would recommend you getting a preconception appointment with your OB/GYN to discuss your fertility since you have not had periods. If you prefer not to do this then the best plan is just to have regular sexual intercourse and let nature take its course. In women less than 35 it can take up to a year to become pregnant before we would be concerned but since you may not be ovulating as evidenced by the amenorrhea, it would be timely to have it checked out first.

Good luck and best wishes.