Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: No period for over 3 years, how do i know when is best time

lmc - Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:33 am

I was on depot for just under 2 years, bled heavily for first few months then nothing. I have now been off the depot for nearly 2 years and still have no bleeding and my husband and i would like to have a baby but i don't know when the best time to concieve is. Please help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:35 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would recommend you getting a preconception appointment with your OB/GYN to discuss your fertility since you have not had periods. If you prefer not to do this then the best plan is just to have regular sexual intercourse and let nature take its course. In women less than 35 it can take up to a year to become pregnant before we would be concerned but since you may not be ovulating as evidenced by the amenorrhea, it would be timely to have it checked out first.

Good luck and best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us