Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: How can I decrease my sperm count?

 larross - Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:32 am

Hi! I have DID/MPD and there is an alter that is sexually active. How can I decease my sperm count to decrease chances of him getting someone pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:13 pm

User avatar Hello,
The only way to decrease your sperm count this much would be to have a vasectomy. It only takes one sperm to impregnate a fertile female so decreasing alone does not solve this problem. Use a reliable method of birth control.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us