Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: stll virgin after marriage

 riya - Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:23 am

hi,actually m married for a yr to my long time boyfriend...v luv each other a problem is i m still a virgin...v have tried many times to hav proper sex but it hurts for me lik hell...i even got a cramp on my sides ven v tried the first time....v do oral sex only coz of husband is very patient but i cant go on lik tis...wat shud i do???i hav been havin tis fear bfor marriag itself...for my frends who r married said tey dint experience any problem even the first time...wat shud i do???pls help....
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:08 pm

User avatar Hello,
You should see a doctor about this to rule out any structural problems, infections, etc. You may have dyspareunia (a fancy word for painful sex). I know, you didn't need a doctor to tell you that. Infections can cause this or you could have vaginal spams (vaginismus) so finding the correct diagnosis is the key to finding the solution to the problem. Some women appreciate being involved in a support group with others who experience this and can help them find ways to deal with it and improve their sex lives.

I'm glad your husband is patient and it will likely take a while to get to the bottom of this. With the help of your doctor and/or therapist you should be able to find a way to have traditional sexual intercourse.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us