Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Lump behind foreskin

 Quarrel - Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:18 am

I have a lump beneath my foreskin; It's Only there when my penis is erect and just so happens to be situated over an artery, I don't know how this would work going to the doctors to get checked out as it isn't visible in my flaccid state.
Please shed some light on this aspect for me
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:51 am

User avatar Hello,Sometimes the dorsal vein of the penis can get thrombosed after prolonged sexual intercourse or sometimes even without.
The bloodvessel area would feel thick and there may not be any pain.This is also called as mondor's disease.
This is a benign condition and doppler testing which is noninvasive would help diagnosis in your case.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us