Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Breast/Nipple pain and discharge

EMG1981 - Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:28 am

I am having a problem with both of my breasts. I am a 23 year old female not currently taking ANY type of medication.

Last month, a few days before my period, I was experiencing nipple pain, and discharge when I squeezed on them. I suspected that I had spontaneous leakage too at that time, but was unable to see it happen.

It seemed to go away with the start of my period, and I figured it was related to my cycle.

However, this past week, about 2 weeks after my period, the nipple discharge began again. This time I did catch it leaking from both breasts at different times, spontaneously. My breasts are also painful, and my nipples seem to be very sensitive and painful, and stay erect for long periods of time without stimulation.

My nipples are also very dry and cracked looking.

The liquid is usually clear, and very small amounts, only a drop or two. A few times, out of one breast it was a white color.

I took a pregnancy test on Monday, 11/8/04 and it was negative. I've never had any sort of breast pain or issues related to my period/monthly cycle.

What could be causing this?

Thanks!

EMG
 EMG1981 - Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:16 pm

:?: just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what could be causing this.

Thanks.

EMG
 Melani - Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:41 am

Do you think you may be pregnant.
When was your last period ?

Maybe you should go and have a blood test done - it may be too early to detect pregnancy with a home pregnancy test ?
 EMG1981 - Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:27 pm

My last period was around Oct 21-22. But this all started right before my period started last month. I had about a week of nipple/breast pain, then some leakage. My period came, and then it was gone. I thought maybe it was just some odd cycle thing. But it came back about 2 weeks ago. With more fluid leaking out, and coming out with out spontaneously.

I re took a pg test this Monday, a week after I originally took one. It was negative as well.

Thanks for your help!

Love
Liz