Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: possible condom allergy

confuzzled17 - Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:22 pm

i am 17 years old, me and my bf have been having sex for about 2 years. every time we have sex it burns about 5 min after we start. it only burns a few inches inside my vagina. i am worried i am allergic to the condoms. but, wouldnt i have noticed sooner then this. at first i thought it was just because of friction. we have tried to use KY this only makes it worse to the point i have to stop and take a shower. other brands work for a short period of time but intercourse always ends up burning me. i need help we are both getting frestrated and im worried it could be something worse then just an allergy.
please help me!!!!!!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:39 pm

It sounds like it could be a mild latex allergy and if so, it is important that you stop using latex as these allergies tend to get worse with repeated exposures. You can do a test by switching to a non-latex variety. These are not quite as reliable as latex but if you find you don't react you can be pretty confident that latex is the culprit.

If you still have symptoms you should see a doctor to determine whether or not there are other lesions or causes for the discomfort.