Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Mid Cycle Bleeding

acsm - Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:36 am

Hi. I recently took 150U of Repronex on days 3-7 of my cycle. On day 8 I had 12-13 growing follicles. Since this was not an IVF cycle the Dr. decided to hold all medication. On day 10 follicles were still growing and were at 12mm - 16mm, uterine lining was 14mm and estradiol was 1600 - I had a lot of pain/pressure. We decided to try timed intercourse since the Dr. said there were about 4-6 follicles that would most likely completely mature. Around day 12 all pain went away and I had still not ovulated according to my temperature, CM, and OPK. On day 15 (no ovulation still), I started bleeding. The bleeding is very dark and syrupy with a few small clots. It is day 16 now, still bleeding and changing a tampon every 4 - 6 hours. I am not sure if this is a big deal or not. I've contacted my nurse but she is out on the weekends...we are also out of town right now. Should I be concerned or have I just started my period early without ovulating?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:43 pm

User avatar Hello,
This does not sound alarming to me. Most likely the hormones are just causing some changes but your body will likely respond appropriately without intervention. Excessive bleeding is when you soak a tampon or pad every hour over several hours. Also, consistency with the menstrual flow varies considerably since it is tissue; not merely blood.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us