Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Possible popped testicule

MadnessInKL - Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:20 pm

When i was about 8-10 or so, i used to play hockey and we won a championship game and i tired to jump over the boards with excitement. I miscalculated and landed on my left testicule. It immediatly felt soft and hot and then after a couple of seconds, i felt tremendous pain. Ever since, my testicule has had an odd shape and when i look at the side of my scrotum it looks like there are a bunch of misplaced tubes. It hasn't really caused me problems until recently when itt changed shape and i felt a dull pain. Worried of what i was seeing, i moved it around a bit and it slipped into it's regular shape. Ever since then, when ever i stimulate it, i get this pain. I also get the pain sometimes just out of the blue. During the pain, i get a pulling sensation in my stomach. I was wondering if this is dangerous in anyway, if it cause potential problems or just any thoughts you have on this subject.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:22 am

User avatar Hello,The injury sustained would have possibly induced an hematoma,which would have resolved in a couple of weeks.The presumed anatomical changes are not possible,and possibly your touching the testis often has resulted in a chronic pain state.Do check in with your doctor just to reassure.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us