Forum Name: Fertility

Question: can i be pregnant with a irregular period

wsm2007 - Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:09 pm

Hello, I am 19yrs old and trying to have a baby. i have been having irregular periods forever they come ones a year. i had sex with my boyfriend and now i am bleeding but it is light blood. i have been having heahaches and been feeling dizzy.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Most women have irregular periods, though some eventually even out to be quite regular after a number of years. At your age, this is quite normal for sure. It is possible to become pregnant, it is just harder to predict when you ovulate. Keep in mind that even in a person with regular periods, ovulation can occur any time over a number of days so the usual procedure for becoming pregnant is having regular sexual intercourse without worrying excessively over the exact date.

If you don't desire pregnancy, it is imperative for you to get on some reliable form of birth control because you never know when you might be at risk. I hope you will be prepared physically, emotionally and financially when you take that step.