Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Trying To Conceive & Determine Ovulation Period

cprivera04 - Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:35 am

I am 25 years old. I have a five year old from prior relationship. I am currently married and my husband and I are trying to conceive. My menstrual periods are not regular. I did not have a menstrual period from May through September 2004. After 5-months of not bleeding I finally got my period on 10/16/2004. I had visited my doctor prior to getting my period. My doctor prescribed me PROVERA 10mg for 10 days only. I told my doctor that I had gotten my period, but she suggested that I still take the PROVERA to get all the blood out of my system since I had not bled for five months. When I started taking PROVERA on 10/25/04 I was still bleeding, but I stopped bleeding the following day 10/26/04. But my bleeding continued from 10/27/04 through 11/10/04.

My husband already had his sperm count and his results were 13ML and my doctor told me that his sperm was good and that it only took one sperm to get me pregnant. I too have been checked and all is fine with me.

My question is how to track my ovaluation date(s). Should I be expecting another normal period in the month of December 2004?
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:22 am

User avatar Hi!

Tracking ovulation could be tedious especially after stopping of pill. Cycles tend to be irregular after stopping the pills especially so if the cycles were irregular before starting the pill. And for some it can take anywhere between 6 months to a year before the cycles become regular. Click on the link provided for further info.

bill