Question: Maturbating everyday

rahulverma2008 - Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:39 am

Hello doctor,

I am rahul verma and i have been masturbating since many years now. Iam 23 now and i have been masturbating since the age of 17 or 18.
I smoke 2-3 cigs a day and take alcohol once a month. Only socially.
Is masturbation unhealthy if we do it everyday?

Lately i discovered that i have pain on left side of the testicle. The nerve ending connected to the left testicle are kind of bulged and seem to be swollen. If i do not masturbate for few days they are good but else it is painful.
The scrotum becomes loose soon after masturbation and touching those nerves near the left testicle gives me pain.

I consulted doctor a year ago about the problem and he gave me a medicine but did not complete the course of it.

I need help cause i cannot consult this with any doctor over here in USA. Please try to provide me medicine so that i have regular sex life in the future.

Thanking You

Rahul
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:16 pm

User avatar Hi rahulverma2008,
If you feel comfortable with masturbation then there is certainly nothing wrong with this activity. There are several structure located in the scrotum, the spermatic cord, prostate, epididymis just to name a few. The epididymis is the storage area for sperm. Inflammation or an underlying infection of any of these structures may cause considerable pain or discomfort. If you were previously evaluated by a physician and a medication was prescribed, as a guess on my part, it sounds like you were experiencing an underlying infection. I would suggest that you have an evaluation by a physician to identify the underlying problem and if a medication/antibiotic is prescribed be sure to finish it completely as directed. Unfinished antibiotics do not completely clear infections and repeated episodes of this practice may cause a resistence to develop to that particular drug. Best wishes.
 Going_In_Circles - Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:08 am

I have a question to the doctor.

IS there a risk if a person masturbates for a several years? i mean for for 20 years or so. Will that adversley affects him? for fertility and so on.
 imbrad07 - Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:29 am

If you feel comfortable with masturbation then there is certainly nothing wrong with this activity. Also it depends upon your diet.If your diet is healthy and your body is healthy then there in no problem with this activity.