Question: Irritation of the Penile head

kev1111 - Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:10 pm

well im not 100% sure where to post this thread. currently ive done a bit of research and i think i have balanitis. im 22 year old male, as of late i have havent been sexually active. but a few days ago ive notices a red rash on the head of my penis, now this comes and fades... my foreskin is also at times inflammated and sore not really painfull but not pleasant either. ive notice that puss coming from under the forskin but ive been pulling back the foreskin and cleaning it off which usually helps but comes back. finally my foreskin can be quite tight when being pulled back but its not a problem when having sex or masterbation.

i havent seen the doctor about this. any ideas on treatment with out having to see the doctor?? ive been thinking about anti biotics but i don't know which over the counter one would help.

if i cant get this cleared up i will end up making an appointment but currently id rather not. thanks kev.
 kev1111 - Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:08 pm

just to update. it currently seems to have cleared up naturally. might have been a reaction to something? but it did this the last day died down a bit then came back..

any ideas?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm glad it improved without intervention. It's hard to know the cause from here. You may need to see a doctor. If it is a yeast infection, it will need antifungal cream; if it is bacterial it will need antibacterial ointment. If this goes on it would be wise to see a doctor for an accurate diagnosis and treatment that would require a physical exam.

scuffer - Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:37 pm

I just wanted to add to this post, rather then creating a new one.

Im 25, and I have had very similar symtpoms for about on off 9 months. I have had unprotected sex on 2 occasions about May last year with 2 different partners, but I had no immediate problems affterwards, it first flared up about 2 months later. I have a tight foreskin, an after masturbation I often find the head of my penis itches. When I retract my fore skin (unerect) I find there is a white/green ish type of discharge underneath, near behind the head of the penis. I clean it up an thats ok but it seems to come back when the day after I masturbate etc. I have had a chlamidia test and it came back negative. I occasionally feel a slight burn when peeing, but not always. I also notice if I don't ejaculate for a week the symptoms go away? Also after the discharge appears, masturbation feels more pleasurable then normal possibly due to the discharge, not sure if this helps?

I just wanted to know if it could be yeast infection,and what is that? or what I can do/ask for to clear this problem up. I too would prefer not to see a doctor as I am nervous about doing so. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.
 penisirritation - Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:15 pm

hi
this is the second time this has happened to me .
my wife and I have been married for 3months now.
everytime she realizes she has an yeast infection I already have lots of fine bumps on the tip of my penis.
It itches too.
we are both inexperience.
I am not circumsise .