Question: 23 and sexually impotent; no apparent cause

ams264 - Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:40 pm

I'm 23 yrs. old and cannot achieve a hard erection at all. Even in masturbating my erections are partially soft. I'm in good health, not overweight (6'3" 185lbs), don't smoke or use drugs ever, rarely drink, normal BP, no medications, no known medical conditions. I would think its just nerves, but even in the mornings I get erections, but they're just partially soft. What's going on?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:14 am

You could see a urologist but it is possible that you will do fine once you are in a committed romantic relationship. There is a very strong psychological component and you may be pleasantly surprised at the effect this has. If you still have difficulty you could benefit from counseling to see if there is some subconscious cause. Medications are sometimes implicated both positively and negatively.

I would not be overly concerned at this point, but focus on other aspects of your life that will help you to feel good about yourself. Body building/weight lifting and other toning can help. It's like a lot of things - the more you focus on it the harder it becomes but once you focus away from it, things work out better.