Question: Both Testicles, Ruptured Veins, Testicular and Abdomen Pain.

VUncomfortable - Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:26 pm

About 5 years ago, as a teen I was horse-playing with a friend. There was no direct trauma anywhere in my abdomen/groin area, but my scrotum swelled with blood and became pressure-sensitive. I did not seek medical attention until the next day. The mass in its entirety was about the size of a soft ball, with particular discomfort in my left testicle, with pain extending to my hip. I was given a sonogram, but the results were inconclusive on account of the blood.

The pain decreased as the swelling subsided, but the discomfort ensued, often for weeks at a time. I have the symptoms of what is often described as a 'bag of worms' or vericocele. The pressure seemed to be temporarily relieved through ejaculation. Feels like a vein is pulling on my testicle from my intestine.

A year later, I had another sonogram done and found no abnormalities, short of a cyst on my right testicle.

One week ago, I began to wake up in the morning with testicle pain, only this time in my right. I attributed the discomfort to my diet of recent, which has consisted of sweet tea, bread, cheese and soup. Yesterday I was in agonizing pain which started as a discomfort in my testicles but spread to my hip area. My right testicle is seemingly going through the same issues my left had years ago. The vein has tightened and ruptured, pulling the testicle and somewhat twisted, into my abdomen. There is also bruising on my scrotum, to the inside of my leg.

I am somewhat under the suspicion there could be a constipation issue at work. I gave myself enemas and laxatives, which has seemed to relieve some of the pain. I can't afford to go to the emergency room on account of severe constipation. Any suggestions? I would have imagined being diagnosed with an ingeial hernia at my prior sonograms, correct? Could an STD such as Chlamydia be to blame? I have had blood work done within the last 2 years when checking for unrelated, undiagnosed problems. Would such a test have been done?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions that may be offered. Thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 am

User avatar Hello,Amongst the many causes of epididymo orchitis chlalamydial infection also is one of the aetiological agents and need to be ruled out.I am not sure whether investigations were done along these lines..Torsion of testis is again a medical emergency which may resemble an infection and mentioned here as an information worth remembering.Not likely to be a hernia, which has something to do with constipation, since the investigations did not show any lead.