Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: proven treatments for peyronies disease?

FISHSTONE - Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:45 am

Hi, are the following proven treatments for peyronies disease:

neprinol/neprotax/pyrotab/peyrotin/extracorporeal shockwave/traction/jelq.

thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 27, 2009 11:03 am

User avatar Hello,
I'm sure you are feeling desperate for some answers. The medical experts I am familiar with do not use any of these treatments you have mentioned so I would be suspicious.

I would recommend a consult with a board-certified urologist for a medically proven treatment plan which may include medications (oral vitamin E or meds to decrease swelling, or meds injected directly into the plaque). Surgery is a good option but only after all other methods have been explored because it is a complex operation and in some cases men have phases of improvement. Undergoing a surgical procedure, which always comes with some risk, would be done during an active phase of the condition.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us