Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: proven treatments for peyronies disease?

FISHSTONE - Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:45 am

Hi, are the following proven treatments for peyronies disease:

neprinol/neprotax/pyrotab/peyrotin/extracorporeal shockwave/traction/jelq.

thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 27, 2009 11:03 am

User avatar Hello,
I'm sure you are feeling desperate for some answers. The medical experts I am familiar with do not use any of these treatments you have mentioned so I would be suspicious.

I would recommend a consult with a board-certified urologist for a medically proven treatment plan which may include medications (oral vitamin E or meds to decrease swelling, or meds injected directly into the plaque). Surgery is a good option but only after all other methods have been explored because it is a complex operation and in some cases men have phases of improvement. Undergoing a surgical procedure, which always comes with some risk, would be done during an active phase of the condition.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us