Question: Cause of hard veins on penis?

runeasgar - Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:46 pm

Starting around 6 months ago, I found that I had a small, relatively short (1/2 to 1 inch) vein on my penis. I masturbate without lubrication, and read in many places online that this can be caused by sexual trauma. It went away in a day or two, and so I went on without thinking about it.

It recurred a few times between then and now, but each time I would simply be more careful in my habits and it would go away.

3-4 weeks ago, the issue occurred, but it seems like multiple veins, and it never goes away. It is present whether erect or flaccid. It is not painful (nor has it ever been), although I believe the sheer size of it is causing me some discomfort. It is very disconcerting.

It seems as though the veins are curled or knotted. There are hard "ball"-like areas that feel like the knotted areas, then there are hard vein(s) connecting them.

It is, and has been, primarily located just beneath the glans, on the shaft of my penis. Initially it was on the side of my penis facing my stomach, but it is now wrapping around to the side and the front (it is probably 1 1/2 to 2 inches long now, and definitely comprised of more than 1 solitary "tube").

I appreciate any help you have to offer, thanks.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Hello -

Since the veins on your penis have worsened over the past 6 months, your best action is to see your doctor or a Urologist and don't delay any longer. The symptoms could be related to a sexually transmitted disease, trauma as you described, or even varicose veins, as well as other possibilities. If there is something wrong, delaying a visit to your doctor will only allow it to get worse.

Good luck to you.