Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: vaginal water douching problem

anit - Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:27 pm

I was taking a bath and alot of water and air seemed to enter my vagina i have a sick feeling in my stomach now.... should i got to the hospital or is it normal like douching .... i know if air gets into a pregnant lady they could die is this true in this situation too...
 anit - Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:24 pm

the death part is from an air embolism it says air can get into the blood stream and kill you
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:03 am

User avatar Dear Anit,

A more detailed answer has been posted to your other post.

Usually the air gets out of the vagina when the pressure inside the vagina exceeds that of the surrounding atmosphere and that happens when you blow your nose, bear down as if during a bowel movement and so on.

i think that there is nothing to worry about in your case.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.