Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: IS THIS IMPLANTATION

Melani - Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:11 am

Hi,

I stopped taking the pill when my period started in March 2004.
I had one period in April (38-days later) and another one in July 2004. Since then I've had none.

On 15 November I had a sudden surge in temperature/fever. I felt like I was getting a cold and then it just went away.
My breasts appear fuller and more swollen, but there is no pain. The areola don't look dark altogether, but there is a dark ring around the edges of both of them.

On Friday, 26th November I had a feeling of pressure on my right ovary - and I kept running to the toilet to pee - as soon as I was done I'd need to back. As the day went on I kept going to the loo.
By Saturday evening the pain on the right had intensified, it was almost unbearable- it only went away mid-Sunday afternoon.

Today, I had twinges of cramping in my lower abdomen, but that has been on an off ?

Does this sound like implantation ,or could it just be ovulation ?
Any thoughts ?
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:14 pm

User avatar Hi!

Ovulation may be assumed in relation to the menstrual cycle and basal body temperature. But implantation may not be assumed. And since your cycles haven't begun yet, it would be best to seek help from your doctor to rule out treatable conditions.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us