Question: penis makes crack sound when having sex.

mi_tsha - Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:04 am

i was making love to my partner and when i was making a penitration i heard a cracking sound like a a sound when one bend fingers some what like that,, I want to know if i need to seek medical attention or its just due to hard eraction and when one tries to bend the penis. I mean a regular sound .thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 pm

This would not be too concerning if you did not have pain. In the case of penile trauma resulting in a rupture of the lining of the cylinder (corpus cavernosum) you would have a cracking sound but it would also be quite painful and most likely result in bruising due to blood escaping. That would require immediate attention from a doctor.

It is possible you suffered a small tear; not enough to do serious damage requiring repair but possibly enough to refrain from sex for a few weeks to allow for complet healing.