Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: penis makes crack sound when having sex.

mi_tsha - Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:04 am

Hi,

i was making love to my partner and when i was making a penitration i heard a cracking sound like a a sound when one bend fingers some what like that,, I want to know if i need to seek medical attention or its just due to hard eraction and when one tries to bend the penis. I mean a regular sound .thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 pm

User avatar Hello,
This would not be too concerning if you did not have pain. In the case of penile trauma resulting in a rupture of the lining of the cylinder (corpus cavernosum) you would have a cracking sound but it would also be quite painful and most likely result in bruising due to blood escaping. That would require immediate attention from a doctor.

It is possible you suffered a small tear; not enough to do serious damage requiring repair but possibly enough to refrain from sex for a few weeks to allow for complet healing.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us