Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: wet dream very often

3340 - Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:36 pm

hi i'm 20 & its been quit a few years that i wake up almost every other night with a wet dream, i don't have enybody or anything in mind! is this a medical problem, emotional disorder or is it nothing to worry about? can it cause any other problems? if it continues will it affect my ability to have kids? its been about 2 years now that i'v been taking synthroid for my thyroid, does it have any connection to those hormones? this is been going on since i was about 14
thanks for your time!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:01 am

User avatar Hello,
This is nothing to be worried about except to the extent that it bothers you. It just means that when you are in REM sleep (rapid eye movement) you have dreams that are erotic. It's not unusual to NOT remember the dream. Nevertheless the arousal results in a nocturnal emission (wet dream) and it sometimes acts as a stress or tension reliever. It is not related to your thyroid and it will not have any adverse effect on you.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us