Question: wet dream very often

3340 - Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:36 pm

hi i'm 20 & its been quit a few years that i wake up almost every other night with a wet dream, i don't have enybody or anything in mind! is this a medical problem, emotional disorder or is it nothing to worry about? can it cause any other problems? if it continues will it affect my ability to have kids? its been about 2 years now that i'v been taking synthroid for my thyroid, does it have any connection to those hormones? this is been going on since i was about 14
thanks for your time!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:01 am

This is nothing to be worried about except to the extent that it bothers you. It just means that when you are in REM sleep (rapid eye movement) you have dreams that are erotic. It's not unusual to NOT remember the dream. Nevertheless the arousal results in a nocturnal emission (wet dream) and it sometimes acts as a stress or tension reliever. It is not related to your thyroid and it will not have any adverse effect on you.

Best wishes