Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: faint line in blood test and home test

wanttobe2 - Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:53 am

I started taking Fertomid 50mg on the 17th of October till the 21st, on the 24th i went to my Gyn and he said i had 3 folicels, 2 was 22 and one was 18. On the 25th i got a ovidrel shot. I took a home test and blood test and it both got faint lines on the 8th of November. Im 6 days late with my period and did another home pregnancy test (maybe baby) and it showed a faint second line again. Can i be pregnant and what can i do to make sure?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:59 am

User avatar Hello,
Yes you could be pregnant. I would repeat the test after a week. Sometimes the hormone levels aren't high enough to show up strongly.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us