Question: swollen circumcised penis

awfullyperturbed - Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:20 am

Dear Doctor,

For the last three days the skin near the tip of my penis has become swollen. I am circumcised and i do not have any prior sexual experience. However, I have been masturbating almost at the rate of twice a day for a week now and suspect that the swelling could be a result of it. My penis has swollen similarly once before but the swelling disappeared in a day. Please advise.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:32 am

This could result from frequent masturbation. The best way to find out would be to abstain for a little while and see if the problem resolves on its own. Most likely it will and you can resume sexual activity but make sure you are using care to avoid trauma to the area.