Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: swollen circumcised penis

awfullyperturbed - Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:20 am

Dear Doctor,

For the last three days the skin near the tip of my penis has become swollen. I am circumcised and i do not have any prior sexual experience. However, I have been masturbating almost at the rate of twice a day for a week now and suspect that the swelling could be a result of it. My penis has swollen similarly once before but the swelling disappeared in a day. Please advise.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:32 am

User avatar Hello,
This could result from frequent masturbation. The best way to find out would be to abstain for a little while and see if the problem resolves on its own. Most likely it will and you can resume sexual activity but make sure you are using care to avoid trauma to the area.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us