Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: negative test after 7 weeks and feeling like pregnant

shinyStarX - Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:18 am

During an intercourse I didn't use any protection, so the next day I took the day after pill. After 5 days I had a normal period that lasted for approximately 4- 5 days and was normally heavy- it definitely wasn't lighter than my usual periods. Now I started living in a different city and have been going through a lot of stress. A month passed and I missed my second period. After 8 days since the missed period I took 2 clearblue pregnancy tests and they both turned out negative. I did follow all the instructions and did use my first urine of the day. I have been having sore breasts now for 11 days since my second period was due and also cramping started 5 days ago and hasn't stopped. So could I be pregnant and the test has made a false negative even after 7 weeks after the conception? It was a good quality and expensive pregnancy test. Should I just have had a late ovulation, but then why did I start having all the cramping and breast swelling such a long time ago- I really feel I either have ovulated or either am pregnant. Can you actually not ovulate, but really feel like it? I have also been quite emotional and irritable recently. Maybe I have an ectopic pregnancy- that could have made the test a false negative? But why then did I have the 1st period- can one have periods with ectopic pregnancies? I am really worried. Then I also read on the net something about ovarian cysts? Maybe that's the cause? I am sure going to see a doctor, but can you please calm me down before that, because I have time to go to the doctor only next week. What is going on with me- just tell me some possibilities. Thank you in advance!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:55 am

I don't think you are pregnant since you had a significant period following sexual intercourse. However, if you have continued to be sexually active since then, that is a different story.

There are many reasons a person can have symptoms and not feel like herself that have nothing to do with pregnancy or ovulation. Then again, you can have symptoms with ovulation so it is impossible to say. But, I doubt pregnancy is what is happening unless there is more to this story.

Best wishes
 Hersy - Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:20 am

I'm trying to find an answer as to why I've not gotten my period, I 'm about 30 days late, when I was about 1 week late I went to the doctor and he said that I was not pregnant.

Over the last month and a half I been feeling lots of nausea and dizziness, lower back pain, and the related discomfort that comes with my monthly menstruation, after I went to the doctor he gave something for the nausea, and it has helped, before that, I couldn't keep anything down, still my appetite is not very good, though it doesn't bother me.

Over the last few weeks I have experienced something that I've never feel before, I cry for almost anything and I'm usually a very self controlled individual, so I don't know what to think anymore.

My lower back pain, is still not too strong but a constant presence, as well as difficulty in bowel movement or lack of any.

Please reply soon