Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: can i get pregnant from man with no sperm?

frkllyss - Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:02 am

My partner had his testicles removed before we met. Is it possible to have a baby with him? E.g: DNA or anything? Any genuine info appreciated, thanks.
 Dr. A. Rajput - Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:14 pm

User avatar In your partner's case, I am assuming that it was not just a vasectomy operation and both of his testicles were removed surgically.

Sperms are produced in testes. If for some reason, both the testicles are removed, one cannot produce sperms.

Sperm-bank seems to be a good option if such a couple wishes to have a baby.
 frkllyss - Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:47 pm

is there such a thing where my partners DNA can be put into another's sperm, which would mean the baby would be my partners?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:54 pm

User avatar Hello,
This would be futuristic medicine. The day may come for such science but currently I know of no such procedure available.

Remember that fatherhood involves so much more than impregnation or fertilization. The donor can be matched with some genetic similarities by history, hair, eye color, height, etc. If you concentrate on the baby belonging to both of you, regardless of who the actual donor was, you are likely to have the same bonding experience as any other parent. It's a matter of putting your mind and heart to it. Many adoptive parents, with no genetic ties to their offspring, report amazing similarities and have every bit a bond with their children as "natural" parents. Often a father adopts his wife's children and there is a unique father-child relationship because nurturing has at least as much to do with it as nature.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us