Question: Post ejaculation pain in lower abdomen

beagle - Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:13 pm

For over 10 years I have suffered with extreme post-ejaculation pain that occurs in my lower abdomen and on into the anal area. I had a urology workup done in 1998 which showed nothing wrong. The symptoms come and go with no indications of when it will happen again. I am newly divorced and am planning on remarrying early next year. The excitement of having a new, much younger wife has brought on these pains even without arousal or ejaculation. What is wrong? I need help quick!

Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:59 am

User avatar Hello:
Prostate problems can cause post ejaculatory pain. Having a new workup in urology might be in order. Other causes can be irritation of the pudendal nerve during vigorous sexual activity. Some men have stated that being careful to not thrust to forcefully during sexual activity and to relax right afterwards to allow the muscles and nerves to calm down has helped them with the pain. However, it has been a number of years since your workup and before self-treatment you need to ensure that there is no physical cause that needs treatment.
With Kind Regards,
Carolyn