Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Low Testerone Levels

marshall1979 - Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:51 pm

I had issues that i brought up with my doctor a year age i.e. not sexually interested, tired all the time lack of self confidence. All of these thing were not me. my doctor had me give blood work a couple of times and my testosterone levels were low. the lab results say
testosterone total 197 Norm 300-1000
Prolactin 4.7 Norm 0-20
I started off taken Testim 1% but my wife was pregnant and out of the fear of her getting medicine on her or my new born son i started taking Androderm 5 mg/day patch.
I went back to the doctor because i was feeling depressed and had recently had weird emotional outburst at work that were over nothing. A good friend at work told me i should go see my doctor because i have been acting differently lately.
I gave blood again and my levels are
testosterone total 208 Norm 300-1000
Prolactin 4.2 Norm 0-20
The way i have been feeling lately is really poor i have been tired all of the time my body aces and i get irritated easily when i normally wouldn't and i feel lost and confused at a job i have been working 5 years.
I am wondering what should i expect from my doctor now.
He at first told me that this is the second time he has seen levels this low in someone of my age.
I am also wondering if we are the only two people out there.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:11 am

User avatar Hello,First you must get your FAT FreeAvailable Testosterone levels to make sure that you have indeed a testosterone related problem.I think you are too young to develop andropause.Do consult again and also to rule out depression which can be controlled with medication.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us