Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Problem of having more hair

madonbeauty - Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:10 am

Hello doctor, this is Geetha iam an indian 30 yrs old. My problem is having more pubic hair. before marriage i use to shave my pubic hair. I got married at the age of 22 my husband not allowing me to remove hair from my pubic area and from armpit. Ofcourse he like that hair very much, now you can imagine how much hair will be there. Nowadays iam feeling more warm and sweating in that area. my question is wheather this habit leads to any problem or not. i need your advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:58 pm

User avatar Hello,
There is no medical reason to shave and no health benefit other than some women feel armpit (axillary) hair traps bacteria a little more, resulting in more underarm odor. Use of a deodorant and daily bathing can help that problem, however. It is a personal decision without particular benefit.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us