Question: groin pain

greetingman - Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:11 am

I'm having a pain in my groin area on the right side right under my stomach and above the leg. it comes and goes but it hurts bad when it comes

Is it just needing to go to the bathroom or something else.

Chad
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:27 am

User avatar Hi greetingman,
Is the location painful if palpated (pushed against)? Is there worse pain when you release the pressure? During these episodes do you have any fever, nausea, vomiting etc.? There are many things that may cause right lower abdominal pain from pulled muscles to hernias along with many other illnesses.The reason I asked the above questions of fever etc. is my first though with right side pain is appendicitis. Not that I'm saying that it is definitely the problem but if you are having those symptoms it certainly warrants an evaluation.