Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: irregular bleeding, pelvic pain, lower back pain

toggle2404 - Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi, ive had quite a few ongoing problems the past month. It first started 2 days after finishing my 5day period which is normal and regular when i started bleeding again and have now been for 3weeks on and off, heavy and light and i noticed the blood was not the usual period blood, i then started to have really bad stomach and pelvis cramps which wud last anything from 5mins-1hr and sometimes got really intense. The following day i cudnt move cos my lower back was agony. Today (5days later) the previous symptoms seem to have stopped but i just had a dizzy spell and was sick with contained a small amount of blood??? Please help as i do not have a doctor
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:48 pm

User avatar Hello,
Sometimes it is just hormonal fluctuation that messes with your periods like this; other times it is a clue to infection or endometriosis. You could also have a urinary tract infection that can sometimes cause cramping and pain as well as back pain. All I can do is suggest that you see a health care provider if things do not calm down on their own soon.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us