Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: irregular bleeding, pelvic pain, lower back pain

toggle2404 - Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi, ive had quite a few ongoing problems the past month. It first started 2 days after finishing my 5day period which is normal and regular when i started bleeding again and have now been for 3weeks on and off, heavy and light and i noticed the blood was not the usual period blood, i then started to have really bad stomach and pelvis cramps which wud last anything from 5mins-1hr and sometimes got really intense. The following day i cudnt move cos my lower back was agony. Today (5days later) the previous symptoms seem to have stopped but i just had a dizzy spell and was sick with contained a small amount of blood??? Please help as i do not have a doctor
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:48 pm

User avatar Hello,
Sometimes it is just hormonal fluctuation that messes with your periods like this; other times it is a clue to infection or endometriosis. You could also have a urinary tract infection that can sometimes cause cramping and pain as well as back pain. All I can do is suggest that you see a health care provider if things do not calm down on their own soon.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us