Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: burning during and after sex---also w/ urination afterwards

 zeus - Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:41 pm

I am having problems during sex with a horrible burning inside my vagina. And afterwards EVEN WORSE during urination. Do I have an infection? I have had yeast infections before but I don't think this is one.
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:22 am

User avatar Hi!

To know if you have an infection, you may need to see your doctor who can take samples of your urine and swabs from your vagina to confirm the cause.


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us