Forum Name: Fertility

Question: bleeding 8days after ovulation 10days before expected period

JustXWondering123 - Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:32 pm

ok i accidentally had posted this in a different forum from 2007 so im making my own post. i am 18 years old and my husband and i have been trying for a baby, i had gotten one of those test things and found out that this month i would ovulate on the first of january. now it is the 8th of january, and i went to the bathroom and there was medium red blood in my underwear. there were a couple very small blood clots in it to. im not supposed to have my period for another ten days. i was told this could be implantation bleeding. but so many sights said different things. some said implantation bleeding was only light pink and could not have blood clots and others said in some cases it was different. i am also haveing small cramps, they arent that bad at all but i didnt know wether or not that was significant. im worried that maybe it would be a misscarrige but hoping it could be implantation bleeding, what does it sound like to you?

and another smaller question some times i my nipples feel sore, not the whole boob just that part, and some times im sore when i havent had sex in a couple days, could this be because i might be pregnant or?

please help
and thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:04 am

Nipple tenderness is another symptom of either pregnancy or hormonal fluctuation and not a reliable indicator of conception. There are many reasons for bleeding between periods. I am doubtful this is implantation because of the timing. Usually people report this at about the time their period would have been expected. But, it can vary greatly from no blood at all to what almost seems like a period.

There are cases of very early miscarriage, prior to even knowing of the pregnancy and it would be difficult to say if this is the case here. Chances are you will not continue to bleed. If you miss your period when it is expected, take a pregnancy test.