Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Bad periods

whatevs1987 - Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:09 pm

I only get my period every four or five months or so. Depends. But usually when I do the first day is lots of blood and clots and pain in my lower abdominal. Then its heavy bleeding for the next two days then regular for a week. The period usually lasts up 10 days. It's pretty annoying, painful and stressful. I hate wondering when I'm going to get my period...when I go out I'm always wearing black and being careful. What could be the cause of this?
 Adrianne G, RN - Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Whatevs1987,

There can be a many number of reasons your cycles are so heavy and running so long. Have you spoken with a Physician about this? If not that would be the best course of action. Once you have done this you will hopefully get a reason to why your body is behaving badly. Please go visit a physician and get checked out.

But one thing, he big clots and such can be caused because you cycles are happening so far apart and the lining of your uterus is getting really thick. So when it is time for your body to try and shed the lining, it has alot to shed which means you will get big clots. I hope this helped some in answering your question, but I feel that this is an issue best answered by your Doctor.

Good luck!