Question: My semen is thiner, darker, and has small yellow chunks.

manu1e - Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 am

I'm 22yrs male and my problem is that my semen doesn't look right. I noticed this abt 2 yrs ago, but I never take a close look. so, I'm not sure how long it has been like this. I've never has sex with a partner, and I masturbate about 3 times a month.
Generally, I'm in good health but 20 pounds overweight.

My semen:
-Is darker than white lotion (its a bit yellowish or brownish).
-Is almost as thin as water (but its a bit thicker), that it flows if spelled on a leaning surface.
-And it has small transparent yellow chunks that looks and feels like jello.

I want to know what is my problem, if its treatable and if I can have children in the future.

thank you so much.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:39 pm

I would not be alarmed by what you describe since it can vary, but if it worries you, see your doctor. There is nothing in physical appearance or characteristics visible with the naked eye that would be diagnostic of infertility. Variations are normal and change with diet, age, and in some cases an underlying medical condition. Usually it is temporary.