Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Vaginal infection due to sex?

 ardnaxela5555 - Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 pm

There is a foul smelling thick liquid that has been coming out of my vagina at anytime, especially when i have to go to the bathroom really bad, and it’s extremely uncomfortable I’m not sure if it’s an infection or what to do but i think it my have to do with the pain I get during intercourse.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm

User avatar Hello,
Odor and pain along with discharge can mean infection so you should be examined to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. It could be yeast or bacterial so it's important to find out which it is.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us