Question: Suspensory ligament reattach?

sexyman - Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:17 pm

If you tore off your suspensory ligament or whatever can you reattach it? Is the only way using non-absorable sutures and if so does that mean you can't really move the penis at all. since it'll tear the penis apart? If that isn't the only way is there another way? I'm just so upset. There isn't much study on the penis and I damaged mine beyond repair.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:29 pm

First, was this tearing of the suspensory ligament due to a physical trauma? The reason I ask is that this muscle is often cut surgically to allow more of the penis to hang outside of the body (an "enlargement" surgery). Once it heals things should work again. If it's already healed and was due to trauma, it likely can be reattached, and probably with resorbable sutures. Even if the sutures had, for some reason,to be the non-resorbable type, I would think the apparatus would adjust with a little time, and wouldn't cause a tearing apart of the penis but might cause it to temporarily angle toward the affected side.

Please follow up with us on this, with additonal information, and also have you consulted with a surgeon already? Have you been told this is hopeless by an actual doctor? If so I think you need a consult with someone who specializes in these sorts of repairs.

Best of luck to you.