Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Small Bump on Pubic Hair Region

 Holtyboo - Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:32 am

I have a small bump(the size of a pimple) on my pubic hair region. It doesn't really hurt but its annoying. The color is the same as my skinetone. Can anyone tell what this is?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:57 pm

User avatar These are usually the result of an ingrown hair. If it doesn't do anything more and slowly goes away, it can safely be left alone. If it grows and/or if it eventually drains, then you'll need to have a doctor look at it, as it may be infected and may require treatment. Usually it doesn't turn out that way, however.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us