Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: no sex drive

bj698267 - Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:30 pm

I am a 27 year old male who has lost his sex drive how do i get it back?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:46 am

User avatar Hypoactive sexual desire disorder is increasingly being recognized as the most common of all sexual disorders in both males and females. The problem is a very complex one with psychological problems being a direct cause of HSDD. Another potential cause that needs to be excluded is hormone imbalance (testosterone). This is a more curable cause. I would advise you to seek medical attention in order to run a few tests and exclude psychiatric depression. Depression in this case should be treated with an antidepressant that is not an SSRI (e.g. Bupropion hydrochloride), as other antidepressants can lead to drive suppression as a side effect.
Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us