Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: My Vagina has a obvious odor

Naniluv - Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:27 am

My vagina has a very fishy odor. I bathe atleast once a day and sometimes even scrub my vaginal area but when i go to dry my body the odor is back. This has kept me from being sexually active. The embarrassment is bad. What can i do to stop the odor? I've tried vaginal insert to help the smell but the fishy smell still comes out over the floral smell. I've tried body powders and still can smell the odor on top. Im just tired and this is starting to affect me emotionally. I know this is not normal but is it common problem? Please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:07 am

User avatar Hello,
I can't say for sure but your symptoms could be resulting from a yeast infection. These are easily treated with over-the-counter antifungal medications such as Monistat. You should used exactly as directed and if this doesn't do the trick, you could have a bacterial infection that would require an antibiotic so you should see your doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us