Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: My Vagina has a obvious odor

Naniluv - Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:27 am

My vagina has a very fishy odor. I bathe atleast once a day and sometimes even scrub my vaginal area but when i go to dry my body the odor is back. This has kept me from being sexually active. The embarrassment is bad. What can i do to stop the odor? I've tried vaginal insert to help the smell but the fishy smell still comes out over the floral smell. I've tried body powders and still can smell the odor on top. Im just tired and this is starting to affect me emotionally. I know this is not normal but is it common problem? Please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:07 am

I can't say for sure but your symptoms could be resulting from a yeast infection. These are easily treated with over-the-counter antifungal medications such as Monistat. You should used exactly as directed and if this doesn't do the trick, you could have a bacterial infection that would require an antibiotic so you should see your doctor.