Forum Name: Fertility

Question: IRREGULAR PERIOD AND FERTILITY..

GABRIELLA04 - Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:34 pm

HI,
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD ANSWER A QUESTION FOR ME. I HAD A BABY ALMOST A YEAR AGO. MY DAUGHTER GABRIELLA WAS BORN WITH THE CHROMOSOME DISORDER CALLED TRISOMY 13. SHE WAS BORN 5 WEEKS EARLY AND DIED 9 1/2 DAYS AFTER BIRTH, IN MY ARMS. WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG BECAUSE IT WAS NEVER PICKED UP IN THE ULTRA SOUND. HER BIRTHDAY IS JANUARY 22 SO IT HAS ALMOST BEEN A YEAR. THE DOCTORS TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS A LESS THAN ONE PERCENT CHANCE OF IT HAPPENING AGAIN. SO, I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF TRYING AGAIN. FOR A LITTLE WHILE MY PERIODS SEEMED TO BE REGULAR. THEY WERE COMING EVERY 30 DAYS. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY STARTED COMING EVERY TWO WEEKS AND THEN LAST MONTH IT WAS 38 DAYS BEFORE I GOT MY PERIOD. MY QUESTION IS, IF I WANT TO CONCIEVE A PREGNANCY CAN IT BE DONE WITH SUCH AN IRREGULAR MENSTRAL CYCLE AND IF SO HOW? HOW DO I KNOW WHEN A "GOOD TIME" TO BE WITH MY PARTNER IS. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP.
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:04 am

User avatar Hi!

Pregnancy can be conceived amidst irregular menstrual cycles, although irregularity of cycles is often due to lack of ovulation. If after trying to conceive for a year you are unable to become pregnancy, it would be best to consult an infertility specialist.

bill