Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Any medical Checkup for husband's sexual ability?

 winclassy - Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:38 am

I had not behaved in romatic way and no sex with my wife, that was due to some mental tensions known to me only, during the first 15 days that we lived together after marriage. Then without saying any reason she left me and filed divorce petition and not willing to stay together even one day saying i'm not able man. Now, how can i prove my ability as a man in court? Is there any medical checkup to prove that? If yes, please outline the medical check up procedure. Thanks in advance.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:11 pm

User avatar Hello --

There are definitely medical examinations which can determine whether or not you are fully functional sexually, and these would probably be performed by a urologist and confirmed by a behavioral health expert (psychotherapist). While I would recommend following up with these exams for your own peace of mind, there is no guarantee this would ultimately influence a court decision and of course your wife's filing for divorce could have been for any number of reasons, but reduced to the fact that she felt you were uninterested in her sexually. This leads into legal issues on which this site has no claim of expertise.

I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck to you with this.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us