Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Can I be pregnant with a period?

loca123 - Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:11 pm

I don't know if im pregnant and i hope im not...

Ok this is how is goes...

I had my period dec. 18 (im ireaugalar) and i get it every three months not every month.
I had sex the 7th of january (we used protected+condom spermicaidal and he didnt ejaculate)
I got my period 17th of january... Which scared me because i never get it every month... this is the first time that
this happens
Does that mean it's regulating?
And my period lasts normally a week and this one lasted around 6-8 days (like normal)
Can i be pregnant?
I called the condom company and i asked how effective the condoms are and they said that if
i used it correctly it was 99.99% effective... (trojans)
And again he didnt ejaculate and it didnt rip (i checked the condom)
No sperm no pregancy...
Right?
And he didn't ejaculate...
PLEASE HELP!!! I'm going nuts!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
Your chances of being pregnant based on the information you have supplied is very very slim. Periods can change in regularity and timing at any time in your life. Just because it has been only every three months up until now means nothing. You could very well be getting them more frequently now, or it could be a fluke.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us